HUPMOBILE – Holistic Urban and Peri-urban Mobility
HUPMOBILE’s objective is to provide a holistic approach to the planning, implementation, optimisation and management of integrated, sustainable mobility solutions in Baltic Sea port cities. Mobility in this context includes both people and goods (i.e. freight, cargo logistics and delivery). Concrete examples of innovations addressed are greener urban logistics and combinations of goods- and passenger traffic, intelligent traffic systems based services, tools for stakeholder participation, and new tools for transportation mobility management and Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS).
Concrete piloting activities
All outputs will be developed and tested in pilots in the participating cities of Hamburg, Riga, Tallinn and Turku.
These pilots include, but are not limited to:
- Improving production logistics and urban logistics
- Logistics flows in and around ports
- Multimodality in urban transport and travel-to-work areas
- New operating models for public-private mobility services
- Co-creation of mobility services and city planning with residents
- Improving stakeholder processes
Transferable and scalable results
Urban areas near ports are challenging environments to take into account all the mobility needs. HUPMOBILE outputs have a strong focus on transferability and scalability of the lessons learned. These outputs include online planning tools as well as a variety of mobility concepts to be promoted for external uptake. These will increase the capabilities of public authorities and institutions, which are a key catalyst for the uptake of more environmentally friendly transport solutions.
Lead Partner Aalto University (FIN)
- Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg / District of Altona (GER)
- City of Riga (LV)
- City of Tallinn (EE)
- City of Turku (FIN)
- Royal Institute of Technology (SWE)
- ITL Digital Lab (EE)
- Union of the Baltic Cities – Sustainable Cities Commission (FIN)
Total project cost: € 1 957 971, ERDF co-financing € 1 525 424,65
Contact: Ralf-Martin Soe (Ralf-Martin.Soe@itl.ee)