5 partners from Sweden, Estonia and Latvia, representing 5 clusters working in 3 industrial sectors: information technologies, logistics, and food production and processing are members of the 5FOREXCELLENCE consortium.
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the management excellence of the involved clusters.
The specific objectives are
- to improve management and performance practices of the involved clusters,
- to enable clusters to provide more professional business services to SMEs,
- to develop the capacities necessary for cross-sectoral and international collaboration and
- to raise awareness of other local cluster organizations and business networks of the benefits of the cluster management excellence approach.
- Benchmarking planned for empowering the involved clusters with tools necessary for improvement of their management process, thus increasing their excellence and advancing to become world-class clusters;
- Training is aimed to strengthen and to increase the involved clusters’ management and performance excellence;
- Identification and planning of services to be provided to SMEs is planned for identification and definition of specific services necessary for SMEs, to be developed and offered by clusters;
- Dissemination and follow up activities is aimed to disseminate project results and to develop a strategy and plan for ensuring sustainability of project’s results and promotion of management excellence of the involved partners.